Para matapos na! Marcos clan wants a settlement to end the issue on the controversial “ill-gotten wealth”



Wednesday (January 10)- In behalf of Marcos family, former Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. said in a news forum that they are willing to return their alleged “ill-gotten wealth”, which the World Bank’s Stolen Asset Recovery Initiative estimates to be at around $5 to $10 billion, to the government  through a settlement that their family had pushed after his late father, former President Ferdinand Marcos, was ousted from his position.
“For the last magtu-32 years. Ang aming position is very simple. Hindi ito matatapos unless it’s settled. The best and most advantageous for all parties is to settle these cases,(for the last 32 years, our position is very simple. This will not end unless it’s settled. The best and most advantageous for all parties is to settle these cases)” said Marcos.

It still shows that Marcos family denies the ownership of the ill-gotten wealth, even if the quitclaim hasn’t signed yet. But once quitclaim has been signed, it will formally renounce a claim on the Marcos family’s properties, which what they’ve been requesting. 

“If there are any monies, any assets, any properties that they are saying belong to the Marcoses anywhere in the world, we quit our claim. Ibig sabihin namin, hindi na namin ike-claim. Sa inyo na yan. ‘Yun lang naman ang naging position namin, (If there are any monies, any assets, any properties that they are saying belong to the Marcoses anywhere in the world, we quit our claim. What we mean, we will not claim it anymore so you can have it. That’s the our only position)” Bongbong said.

“To make our position clear, we no longer claim any of the assets, monies they say belong to us. Kung meron silang sinasabi na they claim na meroon kaming ill-gotten wealth, di naman sa amin ‘yan eh. We have never claimed it,” He added.

It was reported last year that through Chief Presidential Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo and Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II, a proposal for a compromise agreement with the Marcos family was submitted by Atty. Oliver "Oli" Ocol Lozano, legal counsel of the late Ferdinand Marcos, to the government. But this was disproved by Bongbong.

“I have not actually seen the compromise because hindi naman galing sa amin eh. It was not done with consultation with any of us,” Marcos said.
“Hindi ko alam kung ano ang personality ni Mang Oliver, pero hindi siya, he does not represent any member of the family. Hindi siya representative ng estate. That was done of his own volition, hindi nanggaling sa pamilya (I don’t have any idea on what kind of personality does Mr. Oliver has. He does not represent any member of the family. He is not a representative of the estate. That was done of his own volition, and not from our family” he added.

***

What can you say about this?

Share us your thoughts by simply leaving on the comment section below. For more news updates, feel free to visit our site often. 

Thanks for dropping by and reading this post.


Source:  politics.com.ph

No comments

Powered by Blogger.