Former DOH consultant accused ex-Health Secretary Garin of “Plunder”


On Saturday, a revelation was exposed, naming several health officials including former Health chief Janette Garin as part of the mafia, involved on the controversial purchase of the Dengvaxia vaccine worth P3.5 billion, alleged ghost projects of the Health Facilities Enhancement Program (HFEP) worth P23 billion, and "assorted medicines" worth P12 billion. "worse than kickback,” and “worse than [Janet Lim] Napoles,” as the source compared the scheme.

The source came from Dr. Francis Cruz, a consultant to former DOH chief Paulyn Ubial, during an interview  at a briefing in Quezon City.

“These are not hardened criminals [in] that they intended to be a mafia. They evolved to be a mafia. They are bureaucrats who got tempted once, got tempted twice, then they formed a collusion tapos naging...namihasa na,” Cruz said.

According to Cruz, 90% of the funds released for a projects goes back to the DOH, while the remaining 10% will be from the financer.

“Ang tawag nila doon(They call it), cost of money.” Cruz said.

In the case of the controversial Dengvaxia vaccine purchase, P550 million were allegedly stayed with the DOH from the P3 billion sub-alotted to the Philippine Children’s Medical Center. To prove this accusation, he handed over the pertinent documents to lawyer Ferdinand Topacio and Senator Richard Gordon in May and December 2017, which were not immediately produced during the forum.

During the Senate hearing on the purchase of Dengvaxia vaccines from Sanofi Pasteur, Cruz did not identify Garin as the leader of the supposed group, but said she still has "influence" over the officials he named.

The GMA News Online was able to contact DOH Secretary Francisco Duque to get his opinion about Cruz's allegations.

“...Aalamin kung saan ginastos ang malalaking pondo, pero whether totoo or hindi, hindi natin masasabi sa ngayon kung yung mga alegasyon na ‘yan ay totoo, (Let's find out where the funds were spent. Wether it's real or not, we couldn't tell if the allegations are true)” Duque said.

The former health secretary has yet to reply to GMA News Online's request for reaction.


Source:  gmanetwork.com

No comments

Powered by Blogger.